Sunday, January 6, 2008

Science Fair Proposal 5

So far I’ve been able to complete 14 tests, and I’ve been noticing that even though people lose, they still increase their number, probably in hopes that the other person will increase over the amount they have chosen. From the new results, I am seeing that people are not choosing 20 as much, probably because they want more than the least amount of money possible to get.

From testing people from different ages and classes, I have found that the data is not as consistent. People increase their number in the second round even though they "lost" by picking a greater number in the first round.

From what I am seeing in the data, on the second round, people sometimes pick numbers further from the number game theory suggests to pick, 20. I see that the second number increases from the first number. Probably from this game, it is perceived that to win, one has to make the greatest possible amount of money, rather than choose the lowest number. As the phrase, " Winning Isn't everything," goes, this is a good phrase to use in this situation.


Previous Results:

21,99
57,30

75,30
21,100

45,20
21,33

80,20
60,50

25,20
20,20

New Results:


97,20
56,40

55,50
55,49

20,45
30,45

50,23
60,27

21,52
42,57

20,24
25,30

22,31
24,43

50,21
40,62

20,40
42,25

No comments: